N52 Neodymium Pocket Key Chain/ring Gold & Silver Jewelry Test Magnet
- Ideal For Metal Recyclers, Brokers, Antique Buyers, Hobbyists and Collectors
- Identify plated jewelry, where steel is often the base metal
- World's strongest magnet yet small & portable
- Identify/sort (fake) jewelry, solid brass and bronze from plated steel items
- Convenient & Handy! A Must Have for Any One in The Metals Business!
We have mounted a very powerful 3/8" diameter x 3/8" diameter cylinder N52 grade neodymium-iron-boron rare-earth magnet in brass for industrial and hobby use. It comes with a split ring for easy carrying, and comes with a protective vinyl cap. The magnet insert is rated at 10 lbs (as with all magnets, this rating depends on the magnet mating to a smooth, flat, unpainted steel surface). These 10 lb magnets have an excellent feel and are very sensitive. The perfect size and strength for identifying fake silver & gold jewelry! Please note: Due to their strength they all have the potential to damage credit cards or other items with a magnetic strip if they are kept too close, but cell phones and electronics are fine. The brass casing protects the magnet from chipping and breaking, and makes removing iron and steel shavings much easier. Proudly made in the USA! Dimensions are: 1/2" (12.5mm) diameter x 3/4" (19mm) tall head, 1-7/8" (48mm) overall length, 3/8" (9.5mm) diameter handle, 1/2" (12.5mm) diameter stainless steel split ring. Instructions: Jewelry: The magnet should always be the first test you perform on an unknown piece of jewelry. If there is any steel or iron present, the magnet will let you know. These metals are common in costume jewelry where they are electroplated with gold or silver, but they will never be present in high quality jewelry (with the possible exception of clasps, which sometimes have steel springs inside them). It is important to note, however, that not all fake jewelry will have these metals present because there are other non-magnetic metals than can be used as a base. A deliberate forgery might have metals such as brass or tungsten as a base metal, and these are non-magnetic just like gold and silver. Anything that passes a magnet test (no reaction from the magnet) can be scrutinized further. Buy 3 or more items and receive 10% off your purchase!
- Large Test Acid Box Only - TES-810.10
- Large Stone 4.25"x2"Gold Testing Solutions Kit 10k 14k 18k 22k Silver Platinum Scratch Stone
- Scrap Gold Buyers Handbook: Cash For Gold Scrap, Silver, Platinum, Diamonds, Gems: Cash For Gold: Buying Gold and Silver Guide To Scrap Gold Investing
- HDE High Accuracy Professional Jeweler Diamond Tester For Novice and Expert,Diamond Selector II, L101
- DUSIEC Jewelry Diamond Tester Gemstone Selector Analyzer II Gems Gemstone Tester LED Tool